Banana Carrot Cake
Don't you just love banana bread? Don't you just love carrot cake? Well here's a recipe that is basically a combination of both. Plus as usual, it's gluten, tree nut/peanut free and it's vegan to boot.
Did I mention it was delish? Of course it was. I don't post the stuff that tastes like cardboard. I do make it on occasion, though!
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup chickpea juice (or another egg replacer)
- 1 tsp caramel extract or vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 3 tsp water
- 2 tablespoons organic icing sugar (made with tapioca starch)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Shred carrot. Mix carrot, banana, sugar, chickpea juice and honey in food processor. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl, then combine with wet ingredients. Stir in raisins. Plop it all in a square glass dish. Bake for 35 minutes.
For icing mix water and icing sugar to desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake. Eat your heart out.